Help / FAQ
- Search Results:
Beginning January 1st, eNom will begin requiring complete WHOIS data for all gTLD domain name registrations (.com .net .org etc).
In addition to requiring complete WHOIS data, ICANN has mandated that the address, telephone, and email address be properly formatted. Therefore, beginning January 1st, all data must be correct
ICANN has requested that Registrars verify the Registrant email address associated with gTLD new domain name registrations. eNom recognizes that this is a change from how our Resellers manage their new registrations today. Thus, we have outlined our process below for addressing this verification mandate:
- Beginning January 1st, all gTLD new registrations processed through eNom will be subject to email verification. Specifically, we will be focused on verifying the Registrant email address.
- When a new domain registration is received, we will send an email on the to the Registrant email address.
- The email will inform the Registrant that they must verify their email address within 15 calendar days of the domain name registration.
- If they click the link within this email, the Registrant as verified (future registrations from this Registrant will not require further verification)
- If the Registrant does not verify themselves within the 15 calendar day window, eNom will overtake the DNS of the domain name and post a page on this site listing instructions on how the name can be verified and, asa result, the DNS returned to the previous settings (i.e. their site goes back online).
- Once a Registrant contact has completed the verification process, all future new registrations using that same Registrant contact information will be considered verified and will not be subject to the verification process.
ICANN has mandated that we also utilize the above verification process when a domain name Registrant edits their First Name, Last Name,or email address information.
Beginning January 1st, we will utilize the verification procedure if an edit is made to the following Registrant fields:
Registrant First Name
Registrant Last name
Registrant Email Address
ICANN webpage for registrant education:
Registrant Benefits and Responsibilities:
We will send an email to the Registrant new email address stating that we recognize they have modified their Registrant First Name, Last Name, or email address information and we are requesting they verify themselves by clicking on the link in the email.
If they click on the link in the email within 15 calendar days, we will accept the Contact as verified. The Registrant is then considered verified and will require no further verification.
If they do not click on the link within 15 calendar days, then eNom will overtake the DNS of the domain name associated with that specific Registrant contact.
We will post a page on the domain listing instructions on how the domain(s) can be verified and, as a result, the DNS returned to the previoussettings (i.e. their site(s) goes back online).
Once a Registrant contact has completed the verification process, allfuture domain names that are updated to this same contact information will not be subject to the verification process.
Tags: domain verification, ICANN, Confirmation, whois, registrars, Registrant, email, domain name registration, verification, name, verified, contact